Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trip to the Museum

We took a trip to our local museum Monday.   I don’t usually mention trips to the kids ahead of time so if our plans change they aren’t too disappointed.  But, Georgie overheard me tell Daddy I wanted to try and keep Vicki’s hair braided that night so it wouldn’t be massively knotted when we got up in the morning, and asked where we were going. (Okay, so anytime Vicki’s hair is brushed or the kids get dressed they think it means we’re going somewhere, what’s your point?).  I told him we were going to go to the museum with our friends Emma and Maddy.  Vicki overheard and came out to ask about it.  “Georgie going to the museum?  Can I come too?”  When I told her of course she was coming with us, she smiled hugely, gave me a big hug and said “Thank you Mommy, I Love the Museum!”  Awwww.
The museum usually isn’t open on Mondays or Tuesdays but they often do special crafts and activities for school holidays.  Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day and the museum hosted a Peaceful Dove Craft.  They provided a template, various colors of paper, various cloths, sequins and glue.   The kids enjoyed it but didn’t spend a lot of time covering the whole dove.  Vicki is definitely over her love of glue but she enjoyed cutting pieces off the various samples of cloth.
IMG_5617
Georgie went with sequins for his dove and thought hard about each placement.  Like he does on most things these days, he also added some numbers (sometimes it's letters) and a little picture (of a doggy).
IMG_5618
IMG_5635
While the glue on our doves dried we went and visited our favorite exhibits at the museum.   We were told that they would be opening up a new and expanded dinosaur exhibit in April and I can’t wait to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment